Qualified candidates considering career in Nigerian Air force are hereby informed that 2017/2018 Air force Direct Short Service Course Recruitment is ongoing. The registration starts on 18 May 2017 and closes on 15 June 2017. Candidates are strictly needed in specific Departments.
2017/2018 Air force Direct Short Service Course Recruitment
i Must bag Honours either in MB ch B, MBBS, or equivalent courses.
ii Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
iii Must possess a current practicing license in any of the specialties listed.
a. MBBS, MBchD
b. Consultant – Surgeon
c. Consultant – Ophthalmologist
d. Consultant – O & G ( Female)
e. Consultant – Physician
f. Consultant – Pediatrics
g. Consultant – Orthopedic
h. Consultant – Family medicine
i. Consultant – Radiologist
j. Consultant – Anesthetists
(B) Information Technology: Candidates must hold honours in MS.c/ BSc./HND Computer Software Engineer, Network Administrator/ Engineer, Network Security Experts,Web master, Data Administrator,Information Technology/Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
(C) Dental Surgery: Applicants must be certified BDS, B ch D holders.
(D) Nurses: Must possess B.NSc with RN/RM or HND with RN/RM. BSc Nursing with any other qualifications in nursing field such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, Ophthalmic and Nurse Anesthetics will be an added advantage. Candidates must have a current Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) license to practice as a Nurse.
(E) ACCOUNTING : Must have BSc/HND Accounting.
(F) EDUCATION: Must have BSc Guidance & Counseling ( Female) B. Ed Mathematics/Computer Science, B. Ed Physics, B. Ed Chemistry and B.Ed English .
(G) SPECIAL FORCES: Must BE graduates of BA in Physical Education and must be well built physically with not less than 1.78m height.
General Qualification for candidates for 2017/2018 Air force Direct Short Service Course Recruitment:
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for air force DSSC.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 30 years of age by 31st December 2017. Any age declaration done earlier than 5 years to this exercise will not be acceptable. Those who will be older than 30 years by 31st December 2017 need not apply, except for Consultants.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.66 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.63 meters tall. However, candidates applying for special forces must not be less than 1.78m height and must be physically well built.
Other Necessary Information for 2017/2018 Air force Direct Short Service Course Recruitment exercise
1. Zonal Enlistment Exercise will hold from 1st 8th July, 2017.
2. Shortlisted applicants must present the following during the Zonal Enlistment Exercise:
a. Birth Certificate
b. originals of Education Certificates and NYSC Discharge Certificate
c. Letter of Attestation of Good Character
d. Attestation of Parent / Guardian Consent Form
e. Attestation of Local Government Area Form/Local Government identification letter
f. Acknowledgment Card
g. Writing Materials (for aptitude test)
Note: Serving Military personnel are to note that documents listed in d,e,f above are not applicable to them, however the special attestation form is to be filled by their current Unit Commander. Other applicants are to print out documents d and f after completion of application online. Applicant’s local Government attestation form must be signed by a military officer who hails from the state of the applicant and not below the rank of Wing Commander or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police and above. Local Government Chairman/Secretary, Magistrates and Principals of government secondary schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. Be reminded also that Photocopies of all documents and credentials will be collected from applicants after screening during the Zonal Enlistment Exercise and Interview.
Applicants are to make a choice from the centers below for the Zonal Enlistment Exercise:
i. BAUCHI: Nigerian Air force Base, BAUCHI
ii. ENUGU: 113 Helicopter Combat Training Group, Enugu
iii. KADUNA: Kaduna Nigerian Air force Base, Kawo Kaduna
iv. Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos
v. Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base, Markudi
vi. Port-Harcourt: 115 Special Operations Group, Port Harcourt
To register for 2017/2018 Air force Direct Short Service Course Recruitment exercise visit airforce.mil.ng.
steps to follow in the registration of 2017/2018 Air force Direct Short Service Course
1. Fill Your Registration Form.
2.Submit the Form.
3.Take note of your Application Number
4.Print Application Summary Page
5.Download and Print Acknowledgement Cards and Attestation Cards using your Application Number and Email Address to log in.
2017/2018 Air force Direct Short Service Course Recruitment is a great opportunity for the teeming unemployed Nigerian youths and it rarely come by. Newsjit encourages you to register now