The Ebonyi State School of Nursing and Midwifery Abakaliki was established by St. Patrick’s missionary society as a means of helping to raise prosperous and qualified indigenous nurses from every part of the country who will help in taking care of the patients in the hospital.
The school progressed and took another shape when the hospital started the administrative hands of Abakaliki diocese. Ebonyi State School of Nursing and Midwifery Abakaliki is now an accredited school for nursing education in Nigeria today.
Programs offered in Ebonyi State School of Nursing
Ebonyi State School of Nursing offers two major program and am going to show you and explain them one by one in details here.
1. Basic general nursing: Basic general nursing is a program which the students are required to offer for a minimum of three years.
2. Post basic program in General Nursing: This is one which is a two years program for nurses who had their basic midwifery training.
NOTE: In both program, the entry requirements are usually determined by Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Method of Selection of Students in Ebonyi State School of Nursing
The Ebonyi State School of Nursing been a mission hospital is very conscious and concerned on the quality of her graduates. To this effect, Ebonyi state university school nursing strives to maintain a very high standard of nursing education, which starts at the entry points.
The admitted students into the nursing school must in addition to the entry requirements by nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria, pass the nursing schools written examination and oral interview.
The selection board consists of the principal of the school, Deputy Director of Nursing Services, one other senior lecturer in the school, and the hospital Administrator.
How to Obtain Ebonyi State School of Nursing Application Form
In order to obtain the application form into the Ebonyi state school nursing Abakaliki, you must have to follow the due process as am going to state step by step bellow.
- Come down to Abakaliki, if you are not within Ebonyi as you cannot get the form outside the state.
- Ask of Ebonyi State school of nursing near Brifina hotel opposite Nzugbe street Abakaliki.
- Ask of Director Admission Nursing Services.
- Make sure you come with a passport.
Primary Objectives of Ebonyi State University School of Nursing
The school of nursing Ebonyi state is quite objective as it looks forward towards achieving the following primary objectives.
- To provide quality patient care service to the community and environ within the available resources.
- To promote and develop in conjunction with other health sectors of the government as regards environmental health policies and program.
- To train and develop appropriate Nursing Personnel to meet the needs of the hospital and the entire society.
- To ensure uniformity to agreed standards of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria in the training and delivery of health care services.
- To contribute to the social, educational and physical needs of the community in the form of providing better health care facilities and employment opportunity.
- To periodically evaluate the adequacy of facilities to meet patients’ and personnel’s needs, and for higher educational program.
NOTE: For more inquiries or assistance concerning Ebonyi state university school nursing Abakaliki, you can send an Email to email@example.com OR Use the comment box Or call this line (08068937712)