Facebook ad campaigns can actually be put in track or optimized for optimum use and management. That is to say; the results of your Facebook campaigns can be tracked. .In this article, you will discover how to set up and install facebook conversion tracking using the new Facebook pixel.
In case you are still using the old conversion code that have phased out? Setting up Facebook conversion tracking will let you track your return on investment (ROI) down to the penny.
Facebook Conversation Tracking Methods
One can use the facebook pixel to track valuable actions that people take on your website and optimize your adverts for those actions
- Track Conversations with standard events
It requires modification of the facebook pixel code that you add to your website. There are nine standard event actions you can track, and installing them requires you to modify the Facebook pixel on your website
2. Track custom conversations:
The custom conversions method is the simplest form of conversion tracking. It requires no modification of the Facebook pixel code on your website. This tracking method is contained within the Facebook Ads Manager and uses the URLs of the pages you want to track.
Read also how to stop facebook ad campaign
How To Install Facebook Conversation Tracking
For one to set up conversion tracking for either method (custom conversion or standard event);
- Ensure that you have the Facebook pixel set up and installed on your website.
The Facebook Pixel is located in your Ads Manager under the “Pixels” tab.
Go to Ads Manager. steps:
- click the top left menu button and under “Assets” select “Pixels”.
- Click “Set Up Pixel”. A new pop-up menu will appear asking you how you want to install it.
- Install it on your website, if you are using WordPress you can do so easily with the Pixel Your Site plugin and just your Pixel ID.
- Test to see if the pixel is active. To do this you can either load a web page and then head back to the “Pixels” tab to check on the pixel status or you can use the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome browser extension. To check if the pixel is active:
- go to your website and load a page.Then head back to the “Pixels” tab in Ads Manager and in the top right next to details it should have a green dot and say when the pixel was last active.You can also use the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome browser extension just to be sure.
- Then you have to create your website custom audience of all visitors in the last X number of days.