Kogi State Election – Abubakar Audu Emerges Winner : The Kogi state citizens has decided with the ballot box that the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Abubakar Audu, should continue as the State Governorship. This decision was made through the state election held on Saturday.
After the count of the results from the 21 local governments in the state, Mr. Audu scored a total of 240, 867 votes to beat his closest contender, Ibrahim Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party who scored a total of 199, 514 votes. Audu, used a total of 41,353 votes to win Wada in the Kogi State Election.
From the analysis of the result gathered from the Local Governments, the incumbent governor, Mr. Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party was defeated in 16 out of the 21 local government areas in the state, by the All Progressives Congress candidate, Abubakar Audu.
Local governments won by Audu in the kogi state election are
- Ofu Local Government Area
- Ida Local Government Area
- Kabba Bunu Local Government
- Yagba East Local Government Area
- Yagba West Local Government Area
- Adavi Local Government Area
- Koton Karfi Local Government Area
- Ankpa Local Government Area
- Okehi Local Government Area
- Ajaokuta Local Government Area
- Ijumun Local Government Area
- Olamaboro Local Government Area
- Igalamela Local Government Area
- Bassa Local Government Area
- Lokoja Local Government Area, and
- Ibaji Local Government.
The PDP candidate Wada was only victorious in five out of the 21 local governments namely Ogori Mangogo, Omala, Okene, Dekina and Mopa-moro.
It could be recalled that Mr Audu, was defeated 12 years ago when he tried to return as the governor of the state by the PDP. Audu is been prosecuted of misappropriation of the state’s funds worth N11 billion while he was serving as the governor of the state between 1999 and 2003 by the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.